Monday, May 2, 2011

When you think Tim Mc Graw...


What a weekend! First off let me tell you how ridiculously blessed we are. I know "blessed" can be a loaded term to many and sometimes the effect of that word can get lost when you don't truly mean it and know that all good things come from God. But we are seriously so blessed. On Saturday, I went and got my hair cut by the amazing Monica Anderson. She has a baby about 6 months older than Jackson so we can chat about our boys and she doens't think I'm obssessive. Or if she does at least she understands :) Then I came back and took Jackson to the park for some fun :)



Then we headed out to take some pictures with the amazing Jenee' Wagner. I wasn't sure how Jackson would do, but as always he completely impressed all of us and was a star. :) We'll be getting them on a cd shortly and I can't wait.




And then the best part....So about a month ago some friends of ours completely BLESSED our socks off and asked us if we wanted to go see Tim McGraw in concert. My response was "I'm there with bells on!!!" We made plans for my mom to watch Jackson and Sam and I were both eagerly awaiting some great grown-up time with great friends and a great concert.







And a great concert it was! Lemme tell ya, I love country music. I didn't grown up in a small town, and the thought of farm work exhausts me, but country music...ah I love it. I was raised on it. I know everything from Hank Williams, to Johnny Cash, to George Strait to the new people like Blake Shelton and Jason Aldean. Guess it's just the Cowboy in me. There's something beautiful about music that is relational and real. And they can talk about Jesus and not feel uncomfortable. I love it. :) And Sam and I are beyond glad we have friends that love it just as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment